Robert A. Solomon, P.C.
Two Offices Serving New York & New Jersey

You should take steps toward a lawsuit after a wrongful death

When a person is killed in a pedestrian accident, his or her life is not the only one affected. Friends may suffer from the loss, as could coworkers or family members. Family members are typically the only people who can seek compensation for the loss of a loved one, and it's important for them to know that they have the right to compensation when their loved one's death is the result of another person's bad decisions.

When a pedestrian accident is the cause of death, it's necessary to collect evidence. In the first few days and weeks following the accident, you and your family may be in shock, but it's wise to speak to your attorney quickly to avoid running out of time to file a claim. You should speak with police and obtain a police report, so you know what happened and how to contact the at-fault party.

Keep track of all medical bills and expenses related to your loved one's death. This includes funeral expenses, surgical costs, hospital bills, travel costs and other expenses that the person at fault should have to compensate you for.

Once you have all the necessary documents or all the documents you have access to, your attorney can begin helping you build a case or talk to the insurance company that could be providing a settlement offer. Many cases never go to trial, because a settlement that is fair is offered. Your attorney can help you decide if the settlement offer is fair or reasonable based on his or her past experience. Our website has more information.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Start Rebuilding Here

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Robert A. Solomon, P.C. |
91 Pacific Street
Newark, NJ 07105

Toll Free: 866-638-7652
Phone: 973-344-6587
Fax: 973-344-7604
Newark, NJ Office Location

Robert A. Solomon, P.C.
3309 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312

Toll Free: 866-638-7652
Phone: 718-984-2626
Fax: 718-984-5820
Staten Island Law Office