Robert A. Solomon, P.C.
Two Offices Serving
New York and New Jersey

Cerebral palsy and birth injuries: Negligent acts in New Jersey

Has your child suffered a birth injury? Maybe you're living with one that has affected your life through your young teen years. What you need to know is that you may have a right to seek compensation from the people who were negligent enough to cause your cerebral palsy or other birth injuries.

Did you know that infants can be killed or face lifelong challenges due to brain injuries from a lack of oxygen in the womb? Physicians should order Caesarean births in certain circumstances, like when a child is struggling during labor, but that doesn't always happen. If the C-section isn't ordered in time, the baby could face a life of serious injury or could be suffocated.

Whether you're facing these injuries now or have a child who is suffering from preventable illnesses caused through neglect, you have options. You will need to prove that you had a doctor/patient relationship with the person you want to seek compensation from, prove that the procedure or lack of procedure was negligent and show a deviation from the standard of care led to a patient's injuries. On top of providing information on all of the above, you'll also need to show your child's or your injuries and prove that they were caused by the doctor's negligent actions.

If you weren't informed about the potential for your child to be injured or the dangers of a surgery you were rushed into, you may be able to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit. With some help, you may be able to obtain the money you need for yourself or your child. You can learn more about birth injuries and compensation on our medical malpractice webpage.

Source: Metro Law, "" Sep. 16, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
FindLaw Network