Robert A. Solomon, P.C.
Two Offices Serving New York & New Jersey

Car crashes into transit bus in New Jersey

Police officers report that a car made an illegal turn in Camden, New Jersey, crashing into a Route 400 transit bus. The car was left completely totaled, and the driver of the car was injured and taken to a hospital, but his injuries are reportedly not serious. One of the passengers on the bus was also treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

When people become injured in auto accidents, they might suffer from injuries that cause them to incur medical bills and miss time from work unnecessarily. People involved in a car accident may file a personal injury lawsuit to attempt to gain compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering.

Personal injury lawsuits are based on the premise that the claimant's injuries were caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the other person involved. Even if a judge does not find the person being sued fully at fault for the claimant's injuries, he or she may find the person at least partially responsible. For example, a judge might decree that one party is 40 percent at fault in an accident and that the other is 60 percent at fault. The judge may then award personal injury compensation based upon that percentage. In that example, the judge may decree that one party is responsible for paying 40 percent of the damages, and the other is responsible for paying 60 percent.

People considering filing personal injury lawsuits might benefit from the representation of a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyers may help people gather the evidence needed to back up their claims in court and help them win their cases.

Source: NBC 10 News, "2 Hurt After Car Crashes Into Bus", David Chang, May 05, 2013

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Start Rebuilding Here

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact Robert A. Solomon, P.C. |
91 Pacific Street
Newark, NJ 07105

Toll Free: 866-638-7652
Phone: 973-344-6587
Fax: 973-344-7604
Newark, NJ Office Location

Robert A. Solomon, P.C.
3309 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312

Toll Free: 866-638-7652
Phone: 718-984-2626
Fax: 718-984-5820
Staten Island Law Office