Residential Premises Liability

Residential Premises Liability Attorneys Newark NJ

Slip Trip and Fall Injury Attorneys in New York and New Jersey

Have You Been Injured on Another Person's Private Property?

If you have suffered an injury due to property owner negligence, you may have a premises liability claim. Residential premises liability laws differ between New York and New Jersey, and home owners in each state hold different levels of responsibility for accidents that happen on their property.

Robert A. Solomon, P.C., represents people who have been injured in another person's home or private property. Call 800-469-6476 or contact us online to schedule a time to meet and talk about your injury accident.

Examples of Residential Premises Liability

A homeowner has a responsibility to warn guests of known dangerous conditions that are not open and obvious. At Robert A. Solomon, P.C., we represent people who have been injured in an accident in another person's house:

What Duty of Care Does the Homeowner Have?

The homeowner's duty of care depends on the victim's status on that property. The victim can be a:

  • Business invitee who is there for the mutual economic benefit of both parties
  • Social visitor who is there by invitation and not for the owner's economic benefit
  • Illegal trespasser who is on the premises without permission

Generally, the property owner owes the highest duty of care to the business invitee, and the lowest to the trespasser. For more detailed information about the homeowner duty of care, contact a lawyer.

Contact Us

To determine if you have a residential premises liability claim, contact us in Newark by calling 800-469-6476. We offer a free initial consultation in personal injury cases.